Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Today is a Present

So today was a Tuesday meaning that it's the busiest day of my week...I went to the college at 10:30, stayed there till 3:00 then ran errands till 4:00 then had two hours of down time until I had babysitting at 6:30 and then I finally got back at 9.  So, crammed, busy day right?  But I liked it.  It was very productive.

I went to the college to meet with my Computer Science instructor for some advice.  He gave me over and above what I needed and I left VERY excited and pumped up about school.  He's pretty awesome AND he's the one who gave the assignment of creating this blog, so that's another plus.

And then after that, I headed down to this christian club I'm part of called Truth Seekers.  It's a really cool group that's a bit like Campus Crusaders.  After that was done, I headed down to the student center with my friends Derek and Ryan.  We studied together and talked and it was a lot of fun.

I like it down at the college quite a bit.  I like the idea that I can cut three years off of my actual college work.  I like the fact that I can decide what I want to do before I'm actually dishing out a TON of money.  I'm not fully sure what I'm wanting to do.  I want to work with kids.  Teaching and making an impact in a kid's life appeals to me SO much.  But I also want to keep my options open.  Because teaching doesn't make the most money.  But it's something I'm passionate about.  That's why computer science is really appealing to me.  It creates a plethora of options.  It creates SO many more job opportunities and it makes relatively good money.  I like knowing I have a lot of options.  Because having options means you can do what you love.

But anyway, I went to my babysitting job at 6:30 and got back at 9.  I really love the kids in my core group.  They're such awesome people.  And I like knowing that I have that impact on their lives.  I think that I'm going to start doing a kind of devotional with them...So that while their parents are learning, so are they.  I think that would be really cool.  I'll see if I can work that into my schedule.  I just feel like I'm so busy and I'm gone all the time, which I am between school, work, volunteer, social life.  I'm just constantly on the run.

My next entry is going to be a pretty depressing one...but an important one.  One of my homework assignments is to create a blog entry about the story of Tyler Clementi.  For those of you who don't know, Tyler Clementi was a young man going to Rutgers University who committed suicide due to cyber bullying/harassment.  It was and is a very sad, but real story.  And my assignment is to answer questions about where I stand.  Stories like this make me sad.  They make me wonder what our society is coming to.  They make me wonder if there's any good left in the world.  But I know that there is.  In the guy who opens the door for me when he sees my hands are full with school papers.  Or the lady who was handing out the pamphlets for the food drive and clothes drive for the homeless.  Or my instructor who gave up 45 minutes of his own time for me, advising me, which isn't even really his job, but he did it anyway.  Or my mom who does everything for everybody.  And who I love so much.  There's still good in this world.  There are still people who care and who treat everybody with respect and integrity.  The world is still hanging on, we are still here.  And good still exists.  We just have to look for it.  Which makes it all that more precious and special when we see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment