Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Change

So, I decided to do something different and post one of the many prose pieces I've written.  I wrote this in September.  It's not one of my best, but I hope you guys like it!! 

CHANGE

I made a mistake.  I trusted.  You lied.  I forgave, but didn't forget.  I never did.  The leaves fly away.  Brown and grey and dead.  Everything.  It's all gone and so are you.  But I don't care.  And neither do you.  I know that well by now.  You drew me in further and farther until i couldn't touch the bottom anymore.  I trusted.  You betrayed.  I don't care.  But that was a lie.  The wind turns cold and surrounds me in a nimbus of icy despair.  I'm falling. So fast.  I was blindsided by something I knew was coming.  It's all falling.  From green to red to black.  And back to green.  But each time the cycle repeats, it's harder to stay strong.  Sometimes I almost fail.  I almost don't make it.  I almost give in.  What if I can't escape the black?  What if I can't last till Morning?  But after Summer comes my fall followed by the cold, but after days of mournful waiting.  Spring will eventually emerge.





1 comment: