Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving and B&B Haul and Review

So I hope you all had a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving!  I know I did.  I just love Thanksgiving because it serves to remind us of all we have to be thankful for.  I always feel God's presence on that day.  We had a quiet Thanksgiving, my sister came down from college and we ate food and played some games and took naps.  I made the dinner with my mom which is always fun.

But anyway, on Wednesday, I went to Bath & Body Works and picked up a lot of stuff.  So here it is along with a review of what I think of it all.

So I bought a total of $16 of stuff, but I saved $13.50, which I was super excited about.  I bought two lotions and five mini hand sanitizers.  I wanted to get some candles, but since I don't trust myself with an open flame in my room because I would probably forget it and burn the house down or I would knock it over and burn the house down, I decided to not get it.  Looking back, I should've probably have bought their mini lotions cause then I could've gotten a lot more, but whatever...I'm pleased with what I got.  Okay, onto the review.

So the first thing I got was their Carried Away Lotion.  I loove the picture on the front and I love the way it smells.
On the back it says "Our exclusive Carried Away is a whimsical blend of lush raspberries, white jasmine and whipped vanilla"
I definitely smell the jasmine and the raspberries.  I love fruity scents and this one really nice.  It's just a smidge too perfumey for my taste, but I still really like it.  I've had my eyes on this one for a while, so I'm glad I got it.







Next was all the hand sanitizers.  I got their five for $5 deal which I was excited about.  Here are the images of all five of them




I just want to say that if B&B made lotions that smelled like their hand sanitizers, they would get a lot more business from me.  I loove the smell of most of these.  They smell very fruity and sweet, which I like.  I don't like musky scents very much or very thick perfumey smells.  I like nice, airy, light, sweet smells.

So Island Margarita(green one) is probably one of my favorites.  It smells limey with a light coconut smell and something else I can't place.  It's pretty sweet, which might be a turn off for some people, but I really like it. I'd give it a 4 out of 5

Next, Sweet Pea.  This one is okay.  After years of wearing Sweet Pea stuff, I'm slightly burnt out by it though.  When you first smell it, you don't really get actual Sweet Pea smell.  It's only after a few times can you actually recognize it.  Which isn't bad.  It's slightly more perfumey than I like, but that's okay.  It was only a dollar.  So altogether, this one is just okay.  I'd give it a 2 and a half out of 5

Fresh Picked Tangerines is VERY citrusy which is what you'd expect from it's name.  It pretty much smells like you just peeled a tangerine.  I like the smell of tangerines, so I like this one, but if you don't like citrus, I don't recommend this one.  I'd give it a 3 out of 5

I kind of regret getting Island Nectar.  I can see why somebody would like it, but it's just too sweet and syrupy for my taste.  It smells like this one fruit that I've eaten, but can't place which is driving me crazy...Passion Fruit maybe?  Mango?  Some fruit like that and I don't really like those fruits, so I don't like this.  But if you like it, then go for it =)  Altogether for my taste I give it a 1 out of 5

And then Caribbean Escape.  This one is okay.  I like it more than I did when I bought it, you just have to get used to it.  This one is VERY sweet and kind of coconuty...which is good cause I absolutely love coconut, but it's just really sweet for my taste.  I like the Island Margarita because I feel like it's kind of acidic with the lime which balances whatever sweet stuff is in it.  So it's just fine.  I give it a 2 and a half out of 5.

So that's it for hand sanitizers.  And then my FAVORITE thing that I got for FREE!!  Is this.

I LOOOVE this stuff SOO much.  The description on the back is "Our exclusive Cashmere Glow is a warm blend of golden peach and shimmering vanilla with a heart of soft cashmere musk."

It smells like their Peach Bellini candle a bit...with more vanilla and something else which I'm guessing is Cashmere musk whatever that is.  All I know is that it's the perfect balance of sweet and deep.  It smells a bit like root beer to me.  Which sounds gross, but this really smells very good.  And this is my only lotion that BOTH of my brothers really really like...so that's good.

Altogether a very satisfying outing.  =)

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment